The history of RADO begins in 1917 in the small Swiss town of Lengnau, when the three brothers Fritz, Ernst, and Werner Schlup open the Schlup & Co. clockwork factory. Exactly 40 years later, it becomes Rado Uhren AG: in 1957, the first watch collection is presented under this name – the beginning of an unusual success story. Since its formation, RADO has continually fascinated watch lovers all over the world with its ground breaking innovations. With the classic Original, RADO introduced the first scratch-proof watch to the market in 1962. Since the 1980s, the use of special high-tech ceramics has become a well-known brand identifier of RADO watches.